Best Time Management Tools for Your Organization
Time management tools help you track the specific way you use your time throughout the day.
It is important to track the amount of time you or your team have actually spent to determine the profitability of specific projects. You can also use these tools to identify and fix problems before they worsen in the long run. Before we go any further, it is important to note that time management tools are closely linked to time accounting tools and software. Although these two aspects often go hand in hand, this page focuses on tools that improve time tracking, not billing and invoicing.
We believe that value-based pricing is the best solution for most professional services organizations. If you need a solution that offers both features, there are of course many options, some of which are on our list.
Because tracking and time management must be simple and effective for you and your employees, try to find a solution that meets all your needs without wasting time.
What is important in a time management tool?
As already mentioned, time management tools are often available in the form of time recording and time accounting software. We were looking for tools that place more value on the functionality of time recording than on time accounting. We also looked at the tools they are:
- Easy to use — if you spend more time understanding your time tracking software, something is wrong.
- Flexible — the best time management tools allow you to track time per project or employee.
- Collaboration — interacting with your employees or leaving comments on specific projects is important to ensure appropriate time tracking.
After considering a variety of different solutions, here are the 18 best time management tools:
RescueTime is for people who want to improve their productivity. It offers a customized productivity value every day that helps you identify inefficiencies in your personal workflow. It also helps you to disable or block distractions while working for maximum productivity potential.
Features of RescueTime:
- Detailed reports – Detailed reports show which applications and websites you have spent time on. Additional reports show how much time you’ve spent in different categories, how productive you’ve been, and whether you’ve achieved your goals
- Weekly email summary – Stay up to date with a weekly email report that summarizes your activities and productivity levels. Use your report to better plan the new week
- Set goals for the day – You can set goals that will help you stay on track and improve your productivity. See your progress on your dashboard, weekly email report, and target report
- Productivity score – Activities are automatically grouped into predefined categories, with built-in productivity scores covering thousands of websites and applications. Of course, you can customize categories and productivity values to suit your needs
Time Doctor is designed for remote teams and integrates with a variety of third-party project management applications such as Asana, JIRA and more. It offers a variety of features that provide you with valuable insight into how your employees use their time to improve ROI and your team’s overall performance.
Features of Time Doctor:
- Avoid distractions:
Time Doctor monitors the use of the Internet by employees during their working hours.
When excessive periods of time are detected on Youtube, Facebook or any other personal web browser.
Time Doctor will give users a boost to make sure they are still working.
- Monitor websites and applications:
Time Doctor gives you a detailed overview of how you spend your time, so you know where your weaknesses are and can improve them.
- Screen monitoring:
Time Doctor has the ability to take screenshots of the computer screen every few minutes.
Screenshots are also useful for certain types of companies such as design studios, which can use them to monitor work processes and improve productivity.
You can enable or disable the screenshot feature for each person in your organization and set the screenshot interval.
Payroll configuration is fully customizable and includes a variety of payroll periods and support for all currencies.
Time Doctor gives you the freedom to pay your employees using PayPal, Payoneer, TransferWise or any other method you choose.
- Private and secure:
All information, including screenshots, is encrypted when sent to Time Doctor’s servers.
Timereaction is one of the best business process management software. It facilitates the creation of a transparent workspace, it eases communication between team members and suppliers, and real-time workflow process management.
Timereaction key features:
- Workflow Management
- Process Management
- Business Rules Management
- Lifecycle Management
- Process Analysis
- Process Capture
- Process Change Tracking
IceHrm is a Human resource management system for small and medium-sized organizations. This HRM software centralizes employee data and allows only one authorized person to access it, providing a high level of security. The presence module monitors employee time based on information about insertion and perforation. It covers all the basic HRM needs of a company such as Time Management, Attendance Management, Expense management, leave management, Recruitment management and handling employee information.
Unlike the other popular HRM software, you can use one system for all HRM functions. As the other HRM functions are designed for different HRM functions separately, using IceHrm will benefit you to utilize all HRM functions in one software. There are three different editions in IceHrm. Each edition has different features. You have a choice to select which edition will suit your organization according to your HR requirements in the organization. Also, you can purchase the IceHrm software based on the number of employees in your organization.
Key Features of IceHrm
- Document Management
- Employee Self Service Management
- Performance Management
- Time & Attendance Management
- Performance Appraisal
- Benefits Management
- Attendance management
- Email Integration
- Payroll Management
- Project Management
- Workflow Management
- Employee Lifecycle Management
In case you want to learn more about how you can use the IceHrm software for your HR responsibilities, you can easily sign up for a free trial here.